Subscribe to my blog by email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Smokin' Toes

There's just something about a pedicure that soothes the weary soul.  I hadn't been since May, so I was way overdue to make my feet Summer Presentable.  About halfway through the day today, I decided it couldn't wait any longer and I made an appointment at Perfect Pinkie nail salon for after work.  Once you get there, it's almost like planning an art project.  First, you pick out what color you want - do I need something flashy or demure (yeah, right.)  Matte, pearly or sparkly (duh.) Light or bright (given).  Then, you have to decide if you want plain or with a fancy design.  I chose plain so I can add Swarovski later.  Today, I met Li for the first time.  She's very personable and really knows her way around pedicure tools.  After a day of  rushing around and dealing with people wanting something from me every 5 minutes, it was SO nice to relax and be pampered., if only for an hour.  The leg and foot massage was wonderful, topped off with hot towels wrapping the calves.  I could have very easily fallen asleep right there in the heated, vibrating lounge chair. 
My color this time is "The Show Must Go On" - a lively, festive shade with just enough shimmer and sparkle to give me yet another set of Smokin' Toes (as Jim calls them).  I left with a finished masterpiece to enjoy for the next month.  If only I could wear sandals to work~  The canvas may not be that great, but the artist's rendition is fabulous!  Lovin' the Happy Feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment